 From: "Vergara, Michael (TEM)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 13:40:36 -0700
 Subject: HP-UX 11i/8.1.7/SAP

Hey Gang...

If you have a SAP instance, what is your listener port?

Our SAP systems listen on 1527.  All six of them.  Yesterday, one
of the SAP/R3 admins asked us why we use 1527 instead of 1521.  I
told her I thought it was a SAP requirement because it pre-dates
my working here.  None of the other DBAs have a clue either.

Is this a SAP requirement or do you think somebody back in the
forgotten ages SWAG'ed a port?

Thanks,
Mike

---