I'm calling each statement from SQL*Plus for Windows 9.2.0.1.0. When I connect to a 9.0.1 database and execute a query, the output to the screen is truncated at 100 characters. If the output is spooled to a file, all lines appear as expected. When the same session is connected to an 8.1.7 database, the output is not truncated. When the same statement is run on the box using the unix command line version, it is not truncated.

linesize - 150
command_string (column of output) a145
echo off pages 0

Any clues as to why the database connection matters? Is it actually something with SQL*Net? Any other things to check?

Dan Fink