I used to use SPUFI (SP?) with TSO/MVS but that was many years ago.  I
would hope that there's something better.

                    "Grabowy,

                    Chris"               To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    <cgrabowy            cc:

                    @fcg.com>            Subject:     OT: Getting data out of
DB2...any DB2 DBAs out there?
                    Sent by: root

                    11/13/2002

                    02:15 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    ORACLE-L

Off topic post, please delete if not interested.

I am trying to get data out of a DB2 database that I do not have access to.
The original spec called for me to create a flat file, which they parse,
and query the DB2 DB to get the specific requested data, and "spool" the
requested data into a flat file, which is then FTPed back to me.

I would prefer to send them (in Oracle/UNIX terms) a shell script calling
SQL*Plus that uses some SQL to get the data I need, which is spooled to a
flat file.  Since this is on MVS, I assume it will have to be some SQL
wrapped in JCL.  I just do not know of an equivilent SQL*Plus in DB2, since
I don't even know how to spell DB2.

Since I will be proposing this approach, I was hoping to have an example
JCL job in my proposal.  So I was wondering if anyone has some example jobs
that they would be willing to share?????

Many thanks!!

Chris

Author: Thomas Day