Rishi,
In hash partitioning you have to select the number of
partitions equal to the power of 2. i.e. 2,4,8,16 so
on.
Your problem of skewed partition size is well
documented in hash partitioning if you don't choose
correct number of partitions.
Please refer to JLewis Book. He deals with this very
well and from practical stand point.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0201715848/jlcomp/102-6448893-9036931

Check his site too

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/

HTH

Cheers
RS

P.S.: Listers ...I am back..:) ( I know....I
know...you all say who noticed ya gone man..!! )

http://webhosting.yahoo.com
Author: Sakthi , Raj