Adam, If you need keep the global_name the Create the
database link with "@" symbol.

The online documentation
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/A97630_01/server.920/a96521/ds_admin.htm#13803
gives you some examples.

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but
it may help.

Scott

=== message truncated ===

http://mailplus.yahoo.com