What are the command-line tests that you have attempted ?
I presume that the "mail" or "mailx" command from the Solaris server IS able to send
you emails to your email address -- viz the SMTP mail forwarder is configured
correctly on your Unix server ?

Hemant

--- Don <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> we are stumped.
>
> We have installed OEM 9.2, the console, the OMS, and 9.2 repository
> on a
> solaris 5.9 box.
>
> So far, we are not able to send any email from the console, no
> matter what
> we try.  The messages  generally indicated that the email SMPT host
> (a MS
> exchange server) can not be found.
>
> We found some info on Metalink that led us through some command line
> tests,
> which were all successful.
>
> The Unix admin, the network folks, the Exchange people, and even a
> consultant that wondered by, have all given up.
>
> any ideas?
>
> Don

> Author: Don

> also send the HELP command for other information (like
> subscribing).

Hemant K Chitale
http://hkchital.tripod.com
Author: Hemant K Chitale