> btw i havnt found a purge job feature in netbackup.

Try bparchive.

Jared

"Mandar A. Ghosalkar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 12/18/2002 01:25 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: Netbackup [#2]

well this is old topic. but wanted to correct a few things.

Backup exec can delete(purge) archive logs based on date. Create purge
jobs and see to it that directories (junction points are preserved if all
files from a directory are deleted). you dont hv to write a windows script
to do this.

As far as netbackup agent is concerned, it is used alongwith ebu/rman to
backup/restore files, so it is needed for oracle hot backups. for colds it
is optional. if you want cold w/o agent then you could write a script to
shutdown and then use bpbackup to send the oracle files to tape.

btw i havnt found a purge job feature in netbackup.

-Mandar

Author: Mandar A. Ghosalkar