Lisa

. I've read some messages of this thread -- there is 100% probability :)
that you incorrectly identified the statement which errors 1410.
PL/SQL engine could not point to the line 1970 -- it's in the middle
of the statement -- something is strange there. Do you handle exceptions
in your code? I can bet it's raised from the exceptions handler block.
Another 100% probability -- you do use GUI(?), which incorrectly shows
PL/SQL code lines? :)

ACCEPT l1 PROMPT 'From line: ';
ACCEPT l2 PROMPT 'To line: ';
ACCEPT l3 PROMPT 'Obj: ';
COLUMN LINE FORMAT 99999;
COLUMN TEXT FORMAT A70;
SELECT line
     , text
  FROM user_source
 WHERE name = UPPER('&l3')
   AND line BETWEEN &l1 AND &l2
 ORDER BY type, line
/

. Inline view in the example is just an illustration how indexes can
point to the wrong rowid...

. Did you enable tracing? Do it -- you'll find *everything*.

Kind Regards,
--
Vladimir Begun
The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and

Koivu, Lisa wrote:
Vladimir,

Thanks for your reply.
I have tested the cursor. It does not include any bind variables.
There are no "broken rowids", as all objects passed analyze ... validate structure cascade.
I also tested the scenario you describe in your code below. The code does break with that error, however there are no inline views in my code.

Lisa
Author: Vladimir Begun