From: "Guang Mei" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: rbs' maxextents in LMT Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 13:33:53 -0800
Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi:

Oracle 8173 on Sun Solaris 2.8.

I am in the process of converting rollback segments from DMT to LMT (to see how much performance we can get, if any). The tablespace size is 8G and I used to create rbs like:

create rollback segment RBS00X storage(initial 2048K next 2048K minextents 20 maxextents 800) tablespace rbs;

I set maxextents to avoid "run away transaction". But now with rbs in LMT, there is no way to set maxextents, how can we avoid "run away transaction" in this situation?

Thanks.

Guang Mei

Author: Guang Mei

Author: Arup Nanda