On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, BanarasiBabu Tippa wrote:

> My SQL_TRACE is on for instance.

For the whole instance?  Usually, we only run SQL tracing for one or a
few sessions at a time.  Turning it on for the whole instance makes
for a whole lot of tracing and greatly decreased performance.  What
are you trying to find out?

> What will happen to trace file if it reaches MAX_DUMP_FILE_SIZE.
> wether it is truncated? or it will start writing into another file?

It will end the tracing to the file, and no new file will be started.
There will be a message at the end of the file indicating it has
reached the max file size.

> Is there a way to recognize, which trace file belongs to which session?

Unless you are running MTS/Shared Server, the trace output begins with
something like:

*** SESSION ID:(134.58553) 2003-01-13 09:11:02.501

That's SID.SERIAL# inside the parentheses.

--
Jeremiah Wilton
http://www.speakeasy.net/~jwilton

Author: Jeremiah Wilton