Hi guys, I need help!
At this moment, it doesn't matter how I messed everything up, but
Development server is down.
Had to recover operating system with a two month old backup.
Oracle motor resides in the MkSysB backups, so some files where replaced,
some datafiles where lost, and control file is mixed up.
I can mount the database, but can't open it because rollback datafiles (and
filesystem) where lost in the crash. Had to rebuild the filesystem, but I'm
not able to rebuild the controlfile due to datafiles errors on the rollback
tablespaces.
I tried, with no success, to rebuild the controlfile leaving out the
rollback datafiles, but that didn't work.
What am I missing here???
Is there a way I can recover the database without having to rebuild it?
I do have a tape with a full backup (from last weekend), and I'm leaving
that as a last resource. I also have full export from yesterday, wich I can
download too.
I made changes to the physical structure of the database today today, and
would have to rebuild many filesystems to download that tape....but I will
if I have to.
I would appreciate any help you can give me!!!!
please! (I've been on this matter for 6 hours already!)
thanks,
Vero.
Author: Veronica Levin