Start with:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96536/ch1177.htm#1023215

Then go to:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96521/dba.htm#1283

EXCLUSIVE refers to a separate password file for each database in an
ORACLE_HOME
e.g.

ls -l$ORACLE_HOME/dbs/orapwd*
-rwSr-----    1 oracle   dba          1536 Jan 31 10:39
/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/dbs/orapwdv01
-rwSr-----    1 oracle   dba          1536 Apr  1  2002
/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/dbs/orapwdv02

Jared

"BigP" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 02/04/2003 09:49 AM