David

This query will show sessions using rollback segments:

select  s.username,  s.sid,       rn.name,     rs.extents
               ,rs.status,  t.used_ublk,  t.used_urec
               ,do.object_name
        from    v$transaction   t
               ,v$session       s
               ,v$rollname      rn
               ,v$rollstat      rs
               ,v$locked_object lo
               ,dba_objects     do
        where  t.addr        = s.taddr
        and    t.xidusn      = rn.usn
        and    rn.usn        = rs.usn
        and    t.xidusn      = lo.xidusn(+)
        and    do.object_id  = lo.object_id;

If you offline a rollback segment that a transaction is using, Oracle puts
it in "offline pending" status.
   Bigger question: What are you trying to do? Do you feel you have too many
rollback segments? Usually I create a new rollback segment and put it online
before I take one offline.
   If you remove a rollback segment, remember to change init.ora. When you
start up again, if Oracle can't find a rollback segment listed in init.ora,
it won't start.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 40%OCP
Lifetouch, Inc.

Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 5:24 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

I have three rollback segments which all show ONLINE.  I want to drop one of
them but I need to know which one should I drop.  How do I find out which
one is good to drop?

SVRMGR> select segment_name,owner,tablespace_name,status from
dba_rollback_segs;

SEGMENT_NAME                   OWNER  TABLESPACE_NAME                STATUS

RBS01                          PUBLIC RBS                            ONLINE

RBS02                          PUBLIC RBS                            ONLINE

RBS04                          PUBLIC RBS                            ONLINE

Thanks,
David

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS