-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 3:05 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

NO, you have to do it the otherway around with Heterogenous services. Namely
ODBC on the Unix platform.

Dick Goulet

Date:       2/5/2003 1:58 AM

Hi,

I am trying to connect to a Non Oracle database from the Oracle database (
Version 8.1.7.4).
i want to do some thing like this :
i have my ODBC set up on an Win NT machine. I have created a heterogeneous
connection set up on Win NT.
Now i want to connect from a Unix machine to the Listener entry that i have
done on the Win NT server, there by connecting to the Non Oracle database.

SqlServer -------odbc setup on NT--------> Win NT ( LIstener Entry: pubs)
--------> Unix (Tnsnames entry : pubs.world)

can this be done ??

Regards,