Majid:

1) Try "select name from v$database;"
2) Use the "connect" keyword to connect to another database. Example :
connect userid@database_name.
3) To create users, try
         "create user [username] identified by [password] default
tablespace [tablespace_name]
           temporary tablespace [tablespace_name] ;
           grant create session to [username];"
  That is the minimum needed to create a user.

For further instructions I suggest you try reading the Oracle
documentation. From your questions I believe you need to become a little
more familiar with Oracle.
There is a difference between questions that are typical for a "newbie" and
those that signify "I haven't got a clue".  To answer the rest of your
questions
and to become more familiar with Oracle usage, try technet.oracle.com.

Good hunting!

RWB

majid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@fatcity.com on 02/08/2003 08:28:35 PM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sent by:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To:   Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc:

Hi,
I used to use mysql databse, now I am new to Oracle, I
just created a database called "majidDB" in Oracle8i
using Database  Configuration Assistant, a directory
is created automatically after creation of the
database : D:\Oracle\ORADATA\majidDB

1)How to find out from sqlplus what is the current
database ?
2)and how to switch to another one ?
3)How to create users in my new database ? after
creating users do I have to do something to allow them
get connected from another machine ?
4)Do I need to create a tablespace for my new
database, if so how to do it ?
5)How to create tables ?

Thank you your help is appreciated.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com