    -----Original Message-----

    From:   M Rafiq [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

    Jerry,

    Your sql will never run on Temp tablespace 'that are truly temporary' in

    8.1.7....

    Just see the results....

    Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.2.0 - Production

    With the Partitioning option

    JServer Release 8.1.7.2.0 - Production

    SQL> alter tablespace temp default storage(pctincrease 10);

    alter tablespace temp default storage(pctincrease 10)

    *

    ERROR at line 1:

    ORA-03217: invalid option for alter of TEMPORARY TABLESPACE

    If you use temporary_data_files(truly temp tablespace)for temp tablespace

    with locally managed tablespace , this will not work...

    Regards

    Rafiq