Not to depress you, but at this time, in Florida the DBA job market is dismal.  The best way to move into a DBA job would be do it within your current organization, i.e. move from developer/sys admin/etc. to DBA.  It would be difficult for an organization to hire a newbie DBA from the outside with full confidence managing their databases.  I would guess most DBAs got their 1st DBA job within the organization they were already in.  Good luck,
Gene

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 02/14/03 10:23AM >>>
Hello,

I'm thinking of going to school to get Oracle certified.  There are 2 schools in my area that are offering Oracle certs but one offers Oracle 8i courses w/ an upgrade to 9i, while the other offers all 9i courses.  If i go to the schools who offers 9i courses, would I miss out on valuable 8i knowledge?  Which school should I attend?  The courses will last about 7 or 8 months.  Also, is this a good "in demand" field to get into?  What chances am I looking at to getting hired as a newbie DBA once I graduate?

I want to get into the Ecommerce side of Oracle (connecting DBs to websites/portals?).  Which certification/path should I be following?  Thanks in advance!!