Title: RE: newbie sqlplus ?
Using my setup or my example of folders, how would you setup a db?  I want to see what I'm failing to see.  Thx for the reply
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 7:23 PM
Subject: RE: newbie sqlplus ?

If that is where you want to put all of your database files than yes.

I think that starting out, a single location will be fine.

As you learn more about the database you'll find that spreading the database out among server different physical disks is key to improving i/o rates.  The specifics are documented many places.  ...although it isn't very straight forward and depends on the usage of the database.

Off the top of my head, Steve Adam's website has some VERY good information on I/O.  www.ixora.com.au

chris