Dear list,

Have any of you every experienced MV's not refreshing
for no particular reason?

We have been using some simple MV's for several months
with no problem.  Now after upgrading our app and database,
there seem to be problems.

Servers:

Master:  Win2k SP2  Oracle 8.1.7.4.1

Slave: NT 4 SP6 Oracle 8.1.7.4.1

These databases were previously 8.1.6.  The master database
now has a UTF8 character set, and all tables have NVARCHAR2
columns.

These are being converted in the MV using:
   translate("COLUMN_NAME" using char_cs) COLUMN_NAME
when creating the MV.

There are no errors, no trace files.  Data is updated on the master
node and never appears in the slave.

The data continues to persist in the MLOG$ tables.  I've verified there
is only a single MV against each MV LOG, so the data in MLOG$ should
be truncated after a refresh, but the fact that it isn't makes it fairly
obvious that the refresh is not working properly.

I have a serverity 1 TAR open now with Oracle, but so far all that's
been accomplished with the TAR is me repeating everything I
included initially.

Any advice appreciated, as it's rather important to get this working again.

Jared

Author: Jared Still