Title: RE: update 30mil rows

You did enable parallel dml right?

=>alter session enable parallel dml;

-----Original Message-----
From: Gurelei [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 3:27 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: update 30mil rows

Hi all:

I need to update every row 30mil-rows table.
I have dropped the indices and running the update
 in parallel:

update /*+ parallel (degree 8) */ table_name
set field1=0;

Is there anything else I could to to speed up this
process. I don't think I can do an update in nologging
mode. I'm running 8.1.7.4

thanks for any advice.

http://taxes.yahoo.com/
Author: Gurelei
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com
San Diego, California        -- Mailing list and web hosting services