I wish it was someone trying to do that. This is what I get after I
restore a good rman backup to a bad disk.

I have hundreds of these messages (or similar ones) in that alert log
file.... sigh. My data center operations people are insisting that it
CAN'T be hardware problems.

Of course, we took the EXACT SAME BACKUP, restored it to another
filesystem and have NO corruption in the database. But it can't
possibly be hardware problems.  It's just Oracle playing games with my
mind.

http://taxes.yahoo.com/
Author: Rachel Carmichael