Title: RE: What privs are required to alter a trigger owned by SYS?

Rick,

My 2000 crashed yesterday and I lost my reply to you, so here it is ...

alter any trigger is the privilege ... but here is a better solution ...

create or replace sys.enable_trigg_proc is
begin
  execute immediate 'alter trigger sys.dbt_logon enable';
end;
/
create or replace sys.disable_trigg_proc is
begin
  execute immediate 'alter trigger sys.dbt_logon disable';
end;
/
create synonym your_favorite_user.enable_trigg_proc for sys.enable_trigg_proc
/
grant execute on sys.enable_trigg_proc to your_favorite_user
/
create synonym your_favorite_user.disable_trigg_proc for sys.enable_trigg_proc
/
grant execute on sys.disable_trigg_proc to your_favorite_user
/

I perfer this to granting privileges ...

Let me know if this will work for you.
Raj
Rajendra dot Jamadagni at espn dot com
Any views expressed here are strictly personal.