Hello List,

When I tried to import the same export file (made by Oracle 8.1.6.3) to both
Oracle8i(8.1.6.3) and Oracle9i (9.2.0.3) server, I found the import to Oracle9i
is much slower than import to Oracle8i.

Both servers have the same physical configuration (SUN E4500, 8G RAM, 8 CPUs,
EMC disks,HBA same setting, NIC 100 full duplex). During the import, there was no
paging and swapping. The only difference which I could find is that with Oracle9i
server, I use LMT (but not ASS) and AUM.

I did enable the 10046 trace and found the ela columns for wait event "SQL*NET message
from/to
client" on the Oracle9i server is much bigger. I tested with different
setting (sort_area_size, buffer, commit=y/n, no indexes, noarchivelog), I did not get
any luck.

Does anybody have the same experience?

Thanks,

Michael

This e-mail contains privileged attorney-client communications and/or confidential
information, and is only for the use by the intended recipient. Receipt by an
unintended recipient does not constitute a waiver of any applicable privilege.

Reading, disclosure, discussion, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
information by anyone other than the intended recipient or his or her employees or
agents is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error,
please immediately notify us and delete the original material from your computer.

Sempra Energy Trading Corp. (SET) is not the same company as SDG&E or SoCalGas, the
utilities owned by SET's parent company.  SET is not regulated by the California
Public Utilities Commission and you do not have to buy SET's products and services to
continue to receive quality regulated service from the utilities.

Author: Michael Wu