You've reached Domino's Pizza. May I have your order, please?
-----Original Message-----
From: Gene Sais [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 8:29 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: RMAN framework scripts, etc

test - is the list still working?

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 03/18/03 10:29AM >>>
A bunch of you asked for it, its not quite done but the majority of the
stuff should work just fine, they were originally written for 8i
database but latest development has been on 9.2.0.3, although I've tried
to NOT use any 9i specific stuff in them.

yes they are free and you can use to your hearts content just please
give credit where credit is due(like on the license agreement).

just like what you paid for it, is how much its worth.  You get what you
pay for, there is no guarantee whatsoever, if you blow up your database
during a restore test, I'm not responsible.

That being said:  the .zip file(its got a password on it, which I'll
tell you in a minute), is located(there is zip available for most if not
all unix platforms as well as windoze).  If you don't have access to zip
on either platform, send an email to the [EMAIL PROTECTED]
and when i have time i'll send you a non-key version(once this is ready
for prime-time, the "production" version will not have a key).

http://www.oracle-dba.com/rman_beta

its the only file in that directory.  These scripts were all written for
unix(mostly aix and linux) but should be portably to any *nix.

They have NOT been tested to run in windows via mkstoolkit or cygwin.
If someone wants to take that task on, let me know.

This will be the only time the key for the file will be sent in an
email, after since the code is open and in the free domain(but I need
some control over it while still in development mode),

the key is:  d42x21

I hope to have a new build every 2 weeks or so and the key can always be
requested by sending an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] .

You'll see that there is some "menu" framework started and its included
but is far from finished.

Any questions feel free to email me here
[EMAIL PROTECTED] or
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Joe, happy backups and restores :)

Joseph S Testa
Chief Technology Officer
Data Management Consulting
p: 614-791-9000
f: 614-791-9001
Author: Joseph S Testa
  INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com
San Diego, California        -- Mailing list and web hosting services