I created a DBLink to a SQL Server database following DocID: 114820.1.  It seemed to
work fine until I tried a real query.  If I do something like a SELECT COUNT(*) or
SELECT * it works fine;

tdispach> select count(*) from [EMAIL PROTECTED];

 COUNT(*)
---------
     1207

But if I try to select on a specific field or have a WHERE clause specifying a filed I
get this;

tdispach> select mpp_id from [EMAIL PROTECTED];
select mpp_id from [EMAIL PROTECTED]
       *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00904: invalid column name

I know that the column name is correct so something else is not translating properly.
I tried a fully qualified column name of MANPOWERPROFILE.MPP_ID and that got the same
error.  I don't see any setting in my DSN that could effect this.  Anyone have any
ideas, hunches or clues?

Thanks,

Dave
Author: Farnsworth, Dave