List,
 I have an Oracle 9iRel2 32-bit instance on Solaris 8.  I noticed a dir
called /opt/ORCLfmap  that has subdirs bin, etc, and log. It looks like:

/opt/ORCLfmap/bin/fmputl
                            /fmputlhp
                      /etc/filemap.ora

with this entry:

# Oracle provides a mapping library for EMC Symmetrix arrays. This library
#
# (LIBMAPSYM.SO) uses the SYMAPI and SYMLVM EMC libraries.
#
#
#
# UNCOMMENT THE ROW CORRESPONDING TO THAT LIBRARY ONLY IF THE SYM LIBRARIES
#
# ARE AVAILABLE.
#
###

#lib=Oracle: /950/oracle/product/32/92/lib/libmapsym.so

I have read the pdf that this has to do with file mappings.  My init.ora
parameter FILE_MAPPING=FALSE is the default.  There is no FMON or
ora_fmon_sid process running,  I have greped for both.  My admin says we are
using Solstice Disk Suite.  I understand that this is a mapping library and
have read through Oracle9i Dba Guide Rel 2 Chapter 12 datafiles page 15.  My
question is do I need this dir or can I delete it?

thanks

David Ehresmann

Author: Ehresmann, David