Uhm, the good approach, I guess, would be to do it and measure it while you do it.

Loading 14K rows a second might or might not be a problem. It depends on row length, RAID-level and how smartly you're using Direct Path (maybe even Parallel) Loader. More data required.

I don't understand your second point. Do you mean that reports should finish in less than three seconds? Or something else?

Mogens

Satya Prakash Viswanath wrote:

Hi List,

I need to do a benchmarking exercise on Oracle 9i DB(9.2) for

1. uploading data at the rate of 14000 records/sec and

2. getting reports at the rate of 3 seconds for a average query.

What would be the typical approach for benchmarking given these
considerations?

Regards,
Satya Prakash

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mogens_N=F8rgaard?= INET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]