Tom,

As one who 'transitioned' from a 'normal' DBA (if there ever was a 'normal!)
to an 'Apps DBA', I went through a self-learning path (as did many others in
this list), and tried to capture this transformation in an article. It is
housed at http://www.geocities.com/john_sharmila/links.htm - feel free to
read/question.

Be prepared to read, and read lots! Hang out at http://www.oaug.org (get
PHBs to purchase a subscription). There is also a Apps-specific listserv
there. Metalink will continue to be a favorite (and constant) friend!

All the best,
John Kanagaraj
Oracle Applications DBA
DBSoft Inc
(W): 408-970-7002

Grace - Getting something we don't deserve; Mercy - NOT getting something we
deserve

Click on 'http://www.needhim.org' for Grace and Mercy that is freely
available!

** The opinions and statements above are entirely my own and not those of my
employer or clients **

Author: John Kanagaraj