Sai,

To quote part of an excellent article from the 'Goddess' on SLAs: (titled:
Managing User Expectations with Service Level Agreements)

"When people talk about availability, the discussion almost always begins
with hardware. Numbers and sizes of servers, disk arrays, communication
lines and, on occasion, additional physical data center sites. Once the
hardware is out of the way, the talk turns to software. Do we have a backup
of our data? What about the programs that we use to manipulate and/or access
the information?"

She then goes ahead to bust a number of myths and give you the low-down. The
article is a 'protected' one at IOUG's SELECT Online, so you can either join
IOUG (a good idea IMHO not only for many more such articles, but also be
part of a group that can make a difference) or request the Goddess for a
copy.

John Kanagaraj
Oracle Applications DBA
DBSoft Inc
(W): 408-970-7002

Great, uplifting music - http://www.klove.com

** The opinions and statements above are entirely my own and not those of my
employer or clients **