From: Wolfgang Breitling [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 4:55 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: RE: Oracle's use of Indexes

The cardinalities are the same, but the costs are different. It looks as if
production has somehow optimizer_index_cost_adj set to 50 or lower or has
db_file_multiblock_read_count set to 8. It's the same instance so that is
not possible unless they are changed at a session level.
To check that, or any other init.ora differences that may be of importance
select the name-value pairs from v$parameter in both schemas and do a diff.
Of course the easiest is to diff 10053 event traces and see where they
deviate, which will hopefully provide a clue as to why.

message is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may
contain information that is privileged, attorney work product or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in error, or are
not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify corporate MIS at (860) 766-2000
and delete this e-mail message from your computer, Thank