>From memory (of a course attended looong ago),
Oracle recommends one rollback segment for every
three to four users.
Four rollback segments between thirty six processes
does seem a little mean.

Garry

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
04/06/03 13:59
Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:
        Subject:        Snapshot too old during stress test... how to avoid

Im testing worst case scenarios right now. So Im doing batch
updates,inserts,deletes and 'create table as' from a staging tablespace of
approximately 5GBs to a master tablespace of approximately 11GBs.

Ive got my job queue processes set to 36 and Im running 36 at a time in
the background in order to gather statistics and timing under worst case
scenarios.

Im in 8.1.7.3 and I have increased the size of my RBS tablespace to 11GB
for this test. I have 4 standard RBS with optimal size set to 1GB. Why
would I get a snapshot too old? I would think that 11GBs of rollback would
be big enough. Would increasing the number of Rollback segments avoid this
even though I have the same amount of space in the tablespace?

In reality Im going to seriallize the process to avoid this and to improve
performance, however, I want to stress the system.

any advice?

Author: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Author: Garry Gillies