Dennis,

For the same reasons that you mention, we implemented Oracle Names
here just last year, despite Oracle's proclamation that it is going away
in 10i.
( or whatever the next version is )

Since we will be upgrading to Oracle 9i later this year, I'm not too
worried about
the depracation of Oracle Names.

While Oracle Names is easy to setup, ODI is not.

Oracle Names need not be a single point of failure, you can have multiple
name servers running.  It's a pretty lightweight process, so you can
proliferate
it to multiple servers without too much concern.

It is *much* better than multiple tnsnames.ora files.

Jared

DENNIS WILLIAMS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 06/12/2003 10:49 AM