there WERE no active transactions against that tablespace.

The steps I took were:

as system:
1) create tablespace as an LMT
2) create table within that tablespace
3) attempt to make the tablespace read-only
 when that hung I logged out (which certainly killed any active
transactions against that tablespace!)

4) log back in as / as sysdba
5) attempt to make that tablespace read-only

No one else knows about that tablespace, it's brand-new. No one else
has quota or access on the table I created.

However, for completeness, I just offlined and onlined that tablespace,
then tried to make it read only.  It's still hanging.

Oh yeah, 9.2.0.1 on Linux

Rachel

=== message truncated ===

http://sbc.yahoo.com