Oracle does not have any ready-made logging process to assist you.
Some of our developers have utilized 'utl_file' to track the progress of their long
running jobs.
Entries are made to the job log file at proper intervals to tell them what happened in
case the
job aborted.

- Kirti

http://sbc.yahoo.com