-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 5:01 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

I totally agree with Dick...The person who si saying not to bother these two
,must be a sleeping DBA waiting for trouble to come and then jump and this
is the right strategy in US market. I lost my job because I kept my
production databases so smooth and trouble free (with proactive
monitoring)that gave impression to my management that I am totally free all
day.

Regards
Rafiq

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 10:36:16 -0800

Kirti,

        I will kinda agree with your Very Senior DBA.  Make TEMP an LMT with
uniform extents, of type temp and with a tempfile & your most likely not to
have a problem there that will have any lasting effect.  It's one of those
things that you have to accept end user complaints on to determine if there
has been a problem, otherwise the problem clears as fast as it happens.

        Now RollBack can get top be a problem if & when you run out of space due to
some LONG running transaction that should have been killed 2 days ago.
Consequently I watch rollback.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA