-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 5:30 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Hi.

I'm trying to tune an index build. The table currently
has about 65mil rows and I'm building a unique index,
which takes about 55min to finish. The table size is
about 3.4G, index is about the same size. I have tried
different degrees of parallelism (up to 32), nologging
is set in the create index script as well as on the
tablespace. I noticed a lot of i/o waits during the
buid and a lot of paging to and from filesystem, the
paging area however appears to be unused. when I do
lsps -a, it only shows 1% usage. What should be my
next move? What should I look at? i have increased
db_cache to 800M, sort area to 50M

thanks

Gene

http://sbc.yahoo.com