Don,
  The users need acces to the data that is in the database or what is
the purpose of the database?
 I would change the privileges of the users to "CREATE SESSION" only
and revoke all others. Then I would use "ROLES" that have select
privileges on the tables that they need acces to. By creating roles and
granting the role to a user the user can select from the tables. If
different groups need acces to different tables you can create different
roles and grant them as needed.
 Roles are an easy method of controlling acces to table data and if
changes are needed then you change the role's privileges and all users
of the role are effected.
Ron

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 07/11/03 03:44PM >>>
Hi,

I have a security question about Oracle database. Recently I have
taken
full control an Oracle database in my department. Now I would like to
make sure that no other people except myself can update data in that
database. Can somebody tell me what it is necessary steps to do that?
Any comments are highly appreciated. Thanks!

Don

Author: Don Yu

Author: Ron Rogers