Hi All,

I have inherited a couple of databases on one of the servers here. The
server was taken down for hardware repairs during the week and when it came
back up the databases did not start. (They are set to start automatically
via the services)

I have done some research via the internet and I deleted and recreated the
service via the ORADIM utility.

But this has n't fixed it. I have to manually go into and start the
databases (explicitly stating where the init.ora file is)

I am getting this error message when I go in via SQLPLUS /NOLOG (connected
as internal)

Startup
error message LRM-00109 can not open parameter file
'%oracle_home%/database/init%oracle_sid%.ora

If I do a startup pfile=c:\oracle\ora81\database\initwms.ora it starts as
normal.

I've checked that the oracle home is defined as c:\oracle\ora81 so I am
beginning to suspect it has something to do with the oracle sid.
In registry the  ora_wms_pfile location is set to
c:\oracle\ora8\database\initwms.ora

We have 4 different instances on this box and none of them will start
automatically.
Oracle version 8.1.7 running on a Windows Server 2000 box

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,

N.

<<winmail.dat>>