From: AK
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 10:44 PM
Subject: listener

Is it possible to have listner running on box a  while databases running on X,Y,Z . If yes , then how does oracle instance find the address of the box running the listner , if I configure ini.ora with service_name . Does it mean that local tnsnames.ora file ( on server X,Y,Z) should haave an entry for this service_name .

-ak