Hi there!

I am using the Oracle Enterprise Manager. Just download Oracle for
Linux and install only the whole client part inlcuding OEM.
It has the whole functionality even fro new feature and is included in
your server license if you are not using enhanced version.

Sven

--
Sven Jensen
Unix/Oracle Administration

E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone : +49-4121-41-2458

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 19.07.03 17:54:24 >>>

Hello,

I am rather new on using oracle in linux. I have some more experience
with
just programming web application with oracle as the backend database,
but not
so much with the administration of it.

So, I am wondering what are some of the tool that you use for doing
simple
admin and programming tool. Nothing fancy, just probably a gui tool
that can
do Add/Remove user + password, create/drop table/column, alter
table/column,
and inserting data into table.

I've seen TOAD before, but never really used it. But I think it's only
run in
MS Windows. So something similar to TOAD that runs in linux would be
sufficient. I've tried TOra, it can do more stuff than I can understand
right
now, but it lacks basic things like dropping and creating table,
altering
table, etc.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance