Hi!

> Our production environment is on Sun OS 5.8 sparc.
[snip]
> The application has a lot of Pro*C programs.
> ----------
>
> We are planning to have the development/test DB on Linux 2.4 on
> Intel platform.
>
> We will be doing modifications/upgrades to the application and DB
> and will be applying the changes to production.
>

> Will there be ANY kind of compatibility problem (relating to OCI,
> or plsql procs etc) ?

PL/SQL won't usually have any problems, at least I haven't seen any (when
moving from unix to unix you won't have thes directory path problems
either...).

OCI library side should also be the same for all unix platforms, but your
application definitely needs to be tested on Sun, there's many differences
between platforms, especially when using threading and other advanced
programming techniques.

Tanel.

Author: Tanel Poder