-----Original Message-----
> are you commiting after you send the alert? dbms_alert is transactional ...

Yes, of course I execute a commit after sending an alert. Here is my sql
script, that sends an alert:

set serveroutput on size 1000000
set echo off
set term on
set lines 80

DECLARE

 message  VARCHAR2(50);
 status   VARCHAR2(50);

BEGIN

 sys.dbms_alert.signal( 'prolan_alert','prolan_comment' );
 commit;
END;
/

When I try to catch an alert from another sql script (running in an sqlplus
terminal), there is no problem. It can catch the alert. When I try to catch
from a ProC program (listed in my first letter), it doesn't work. The program
doesn't get the alert.

Thanks: Gyuri

Author: Lendvary Gyuri