-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 4:29 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

List,
 Interesting news about 10g and IBM's grid computing. When will the
GOTO (Grid Operating Technical Operative) test be comming out? Shucks
I'm still working on 8i OCP upgrade.
-----------------
LEAD STORY

VERSION 10G FEATURES NEW MANAGEMENT TOOLS | VNunet

Management tools are expected to be among the most noticeably
improved features in Oracle's upcoming release of its new database.
People are still referring to the database, due to debut at
OracleWorld in San Francisco in September, as 10i (following the
logical progression from version 9i). But Oracle confirmed today that
the newest database will indeed be called 10G as a way of showing the
company's commitment to grid computing.

For the full details, click:
http://www.vnunet.com/News/1142500

----------------
LEAD STORY

IBM EXEC MAPS OUT GRID COMPUTING | Computerworld
Thomas Hawk, who heads IBM's grid computing program, says grid
computing is more than a concept. It's a reality, Hawk tells
interviewers, for users who are focused on virualization. Now, Hawk
says, the industry needs grid standards, cooperation, and a greater
understanding of the importance of this technology.

For the full details, click:
http://www.computerworld.com/hardwaretopics/hardware/story/0,10801,83319,00.
html

Ron