Title: Implementing different document types with different attributes

Hello

I've an installation/implementation question!
We've to analyse 50 document types, in total those 50 has 70 different attributes.
We don't want to put all those document types into one table, because more than the half (35) of the attributes are not always used for each document type. This will have to much disk space for each record, if most of the fields are just blank.

Has anyone suggestions how to build our table-structure?
I've heart something about FlexFields, what are they?
Takes every field diskspace, even if it's blank (null)?

Thanks in advance for the response!

Tim