The Citrix ica calls a program called sams.exe and I don't know how it accesses the db.  I haven't tried the console from the remote machine, just the citrix .ica file.

More stuff for me to read...

Ken
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2003 12:39 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: TNS errors

Ken,

I don't see your connection string in here, but I'm going to guess
that it does not include '@TNS_NAME', which is what you will
have to do when connecting via a client such as citrix.

Remember, you're not really on the console, though it may
look like it.

Don't know how many times I did this with Terminal Services
on Win2k before it finally sunk in.

Jared

"Ken Hitchcox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]