Title: Message
I know of a site that has been using cursor_sharing=force on 8.1.7 for over two years now with no noticeable side-effects (except that many of the programmers still think it's okay to use literals).

Gudmundur

Does anyone have any experience using cursor_sharing in 8.1.7.4?    I feel I need to use it due to literal SQL statements being used.  We have had misc 4031 errors off and on and I feel this is my last hope.  I have a very busy OPFS server (HP-UX).

I did try using cursor_sharing in 8.1.7.2, and I remember incorrect sorting and other unexpected results happening.

Thanks for any input.

John

John Fedock
"K" Line America, Inc.