And of course, there's the other free UNIXes - the BSDs (OpenBSD, FreeBSD,
NetBSD).  Tragically, none of these run Oracle (FreeBSD can run Oracle in
Linux emulation mode - which seems backwards at best).  And there's OS X,
which is Apple's UNIX, and also runs Oracle.

As far as AIX, I couldn't find an article to verify this, but I had thought
IBM had announced that AIX would eventually be phased out in favor of Linux.
This is not a short-term plan, obviously the existing install base of AIX
precludes that.  But, eventually...  And if I imagined that announcement,
I'd still wager money that its going to happen. :)

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matthew Zito