No doubt im in the wrong ball field here but this is what I have

Windows 2k
Server1 Ns1 on 8.1.7.4
Server2 Ns2 on 9.2.0.1.0

[server1]
C:\> start \\server1\bin\namesctl dump_tnsnames C:\mytnsnames.txt
It creates an empty file on my (remote) machine

>From the server C:\> namesctl  dump_tnsnames C:\mytnsnames.txt it creats
an empty C:\mytnsnames.txt

[server2]
C:\> start \\server2\bin\namesctl dump_tnsnames C:\mytnsnames.txt
And it creates an empty file on my (remote) machine

>From the server itself it creats a full C:\mytnsnames.txt file with all
the connect discriptors

How is this supposed to be called?

Thanks!