When I grep something from the alert log,
it never tell me the date and time of the error.
Is there a setting for appending a timestamp on each error?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 1:35 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

HTH

#!/bin/sh
# This Script search for Oracle error messages in last
100 lines in the alert log file ,
# keep log to a file.

# You should pass name of ORACLE_SID as a parameter.

#!/usr/bin/sh
#
# Comments: Script checks last 100 lines of
# the alert log for specific
# Oracle errors,  e-mails depending on the error.

# Parameter: ORACLE_SID
# -------------------
#
#------------------------------------------------

DIR=/u01/app/oracle/admin
ORACLE_SID=$1
export ORACLE_SID
ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7
export ORACLE_HOME

ALERT_DEST=/u01/app/oracle/admin/${ORACLE_SID}/bdump
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin
export PATH

COLLECTOR=`tail -100
$ALERT_DEST/alert_${ORACLE_SID}.log |grep "ORA-"`
if [ "$COLLECTOR" <> "" ]
then
echo ""
echo "******** Errors found in:   ====>
$ALERT_DEST/alert_${ORACLE_SID}.log"
echo ""
echo $COLLECTOR
echo ""
fi;

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
Author: Jose Luis Delgado

For technical support please email [EMAIL PROTECTED] or you can
call (972)721-8257.
This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
Author: Roger Xu