Are you sure that your exportfile is intact, that it was saved fully and correctly to tape and it is read fully and correctly from tape. And it is passed fully and correctly to the pipe?
Shouldn't you have used exp with pipe and split for this purpose?

Tanel.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 5:09 AM
Subject: imp with pipe and dd cmds

Hi Friends,

I exported with full=y my whole database(on AIX5.1,oracle8174), I
exported with pipe and dd (bs=65536k)commands, Export went very well. But my
problem now Iam importing back with tables=mytable its just sitting
there? with out any response. If I query os its showing its running..

Iam trying to import a particular table I did't see any response. My
parfile options are
userid=u/p
tables=mytable
ignore=y
commit=y
buffer=4000000
indexes=n

I tried to change block_size for dd command, But some times it worked,
some times not. I tried to import one row table giving block_size 32k,
its imported!! But for mytable its big with 40Millon rows with avg row
size 300bytes. But 0 block_size its gave error(pls remember I exported
with bs=65536k) saying "read fail". Could you people suggest any ideas?

TIA

Venkat